The OpenBSD developers are channeling Tron to celebrate the release of version 4.5 of their open source operating system. Before we jump into the OS's new shinies, the team deserves a proper nod for having good fun with their releases. Version 4.5's release song (as is the tradition) is "Games," featuring the proper dose of …
Yet another Linux derivative?
Is this one based on Ubuntu?
OK, OK, don't push I was leaving anyway.
Bloody hell, so why the heck should I bother upgrading, I'm on version 3 and it does everything I need and it runs on less hardware and it doesn't need a fancy virtualisation layer to run apps and it doesn't have any of that DRM or UAC crud and...
Oh sorry, I've just been reading the Windows 7/Windows XP comments and got a bit confused!
Re: Yet another Linux derivate
Er, no. OpenBSD is derived from BSD (Berkeley Software Distribution) and predates Linux by a good few years. A certain Bill Joy was involved.
Congrats to the OpenBSD crew
Great operating system.
Linux derivative? *snort* You almost had me there, I had a flame all ready.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone