Central government's spending watchdog has called on the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) and the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs to work with departments on new goals for the sustainable procurement of ICT. In a report on the environmental impact of government procurement, the National Audit Office says …
Do you plant a silicon tree for every PC you buy?
Offset the plastic in your keyboard by throwing a sacrificial lamb into an oil well?
Maybe if oil conglomerates invested in renewable energy resources and manufacturing techniques, they would benefit from profiting in the future, and help essentially the entire world take better care of the resources we have left.
Too bad they're all dicks.
Well, there is a first?
One government department voicing views of how other government departments can do better?
And another thing!!!
Its the friggin beancounters like NAO that have made the public sector IT procurement experience akin to wading through a tar pit dragging an elephant - and then they complain that its a bit slow playing catch-up to the latest green fad.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS