1. This is a killer blow to the Isle of Wight economy. Their suppliers are also walking, remember. And there is no commuting anywhere from the island.
2. Vestas on the Isle of Wight made blades for the US MARKET. They even had ppl from US come to the island to train, because they were going to setup a plant in US (which they did, 2 of them). Do I hear embargo on US goods? No? I thought so. So stfu about the china crap.
3. They were a very good employer to work for.
4. The island nimbys killed their show project few years ago. That pissed them right off. But they stuck with the island.
5. They had a 2 week break scheduled for August to upgrade the plant to make blades for the UK market. I guess their patience run out, seeing no progress with planning applications and financing of projects in the UK.
6. They are still going to build their new R&D facility on the island.
7. My wife works/ed for them.
8. The island is ded. We will be leaving as soon as possible.