Reuters is reporting that Nokia has failed to arrange operator billing for the Ovi store in the USA, leaving Americans having to pay by credit card while the rest of the world gets purchases added to their phone bill, though Nokia insists that negotiations continue. Actually, for the rest of the world read Australia, Britain, …
Hidden revenue for Nokia?
"operators finally bit the bullet and upgraded creaking systems "
Those upgrades being purchased from Nokia Siemens Networks - right?
The hidden OVI business model?
Why have they done that?
They could have used Bango to do their mobile web billing. Its used by most of the existing app stores and off deck companies in the USA for web/wap billing. Wonder why they wanted to limit to credit cards only - really restricting, and missing a chance vs Apple.
US always lags behind in mobile technology
Ironic as they tend to be big into gadgets, especially in the cities.
That's probably the problem, they look at the US as a whole, if they just looked at metropolitan areas and ignored the backwaters US would look better than Europe.
Laugh at the techobsessed metropoplexen - a phone is a phone and the roads need fixing.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE