The development of a self-nuking Flash drive is already underway. But if you don’t fancy blowing up misplaced data in order to keep it secure, then you’ll soon be able to keep files safe with just one finger, or thumb. Biometric_flash This biometric Flash drive sports an OLED screen The Ennova Direct Corporation has been …
Worth it just for the cool factor?
Oh that's really good ...
Look, it has a flap to protect not only the oled but the fingerprint as well! Lifting the fingerprint so I can use it for authentication couldn't be easier. Even I could do it.
Security? Never heard of it.
Too late for Gordie
There's already a self nuking device available, https://www.ironkey.com/ , but I wouldn't store anything in the 'cloud', especially its password. As long as this one requires a 'live' thumb to work it might be a clever idea. What a pity that new Labour hadn't heard of TrueCrypt or other drive encrypters. It's somewhat too late for them now.
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Researcher sat on critical IE bugs for THREE YEARS