When Dell first displayed its XPS 435 PC back in February, we ribbed the gargantuan gaming machine’s “coin collector tray”. But it turns out that you won’t have much spare change left to chuck in it now that Dell’s announced that machine’s starting price. Dell_Studio_XPS_435_01 Dell's XPS 435: good looking, but expensive …
That's great if you're not at all shot in the wallet department and don't have the ability/a friend with the ability to build one. £1700 for the "base" system? That's almost Apple-like in gargantuan pricing schemes for what isn't exactly a completely top end system.
Anyone actually priced up the components separately? I would be looking to pay that amount of money if it had a good couple of TB storage, SSD boot drive, 4870X2 or similar in the graphics department and some goodies thrown in.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'