Nokia's Ovi Store gobbled up the Java-based WidSets platform this morning, as Nokia struggles to build the portal into all things to all men before the start of June. Nokia is working hard to bring its disparate projects under one roof, and into one brand, with the more-successful projects being last to find themselves …
Sounds like something that came out of a sheep's arse.
Ovi = Door (Finnish translation)
Thanks for translating, that's interesting.
I still wonder how Nokia is going to make this fly though, word about more multimedia for and by Nokia has been out for a long time now (at least two years) and you can find nothing of it here in my little bit of Europe. It's iTunes all over, everywhere including milk carton covers (not kidding).
Perhaps that's because every few months, Nokia breaks or removes something they put out into the hands of users, like Nokia Maps, LifeBlog and the games that are usually preinstalled on a handset (all of which have been thoroughly ruined with the past two firmware updates and website changes).
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Rubbish WPS config sees WiFi router keys popped in seconds