Intel and STMicroelectronics JV successor Numonyx has licensed Phase Change Memory (PCM) intellectual property from Ovonyx. Numonyx, founded last year, is already developing PCM products and announced it was shipping samples of its 90nm 128Mbit PCM to customers in February 2008. PCM stores digital information as different …
The name Numonyx is perhaps
also a play on the word mnemonics, the ability to remember things by associating them with other objects.
interesting and cool, but.....
I have seen this tech before, just not in a semiconductor. It is from the early days of HardDisk manufacturing. next progression would be to have each memory address be a tiny little oscillator whose frequency could be modified (MFMRAM anyone?).
Just remember you heard it here first, and from me. When you are ready to start manufacturing I will give you an address to send the royalty payments to.
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more