AMD is poised to beat Intel in the race to ship the next generation of both beefy server processors and ultrathin-notebook chips. During yesterday's conference call announcing the company's first-quarter earnings, AMD's CEO Dirk Meyer and multi-hatted EVP, COO, and CAO Bob Rivet let it be known that both the six-core Istanbul …
The one I always heard was "earlybird gets the worm" - and AMD seems damn intent on that worm.
AMD had the best microarch for 4 years, at least, and Intel kept shouting "GHz!!!!". Now Intel has a (similar) good microarch, they reverse their speech :-) Even in the Pentium4 era people kept buying Intel, so brand recognition is clearly in Intel's camp.
Bad kharma for Intel on this one. Don't do that too often, people will notice.
Anyway, I like both companies. On this one I'm rooting for the underdog because I'd like competition to continue.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM