As promised - many months ago - the Mountain View Chocolate Factory has opened up the Google Analytics Data Export API, letting web-happy developers tap straight into site stats collected by the free traffic-tracking service. This being Google, the API is billed as a public beta. And it will most likely retain its beta tag for …
Ah, the fear, the fear
Imagine someone develops a PowerPoint lugin that lets you pull Analytics stats. Web 2.0 salesmen could now bore you to death in real time!
I use google analytics on a few small company sites, and the stats that Google provide are good, but generally too complicated for the company staff to use. Plus, they don't remember to go to the google site and login etc! Being able to pull a couple of simple graphs out with PHP into the sites' existing admin interfaces should be good.
I bet we see this integrated into a lot of CMSs in the near future.
I see that Omniture are on the same track see
Blocked in the company proxy
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders