Feeds

back to article Eurocrats, MEPs clash on telecoms reform to flush out pirates

The European Parliament and its member states are reportedly on a “collision course” over tackling online piracy, after the two parties failed to agree on a final sticking point in a massive reform of the telecoms industry. As a result final adoption has been pushed back until May at the earliest, according to Reuters. It had …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Alien

Let's examine this...

P A R T I E S

P I R A T E S

Hmmm, not much difference between the two. Conspiracy?

Stop

Just stop it!!

Please, please, please stop f*cking mentioning TPB4 in every God-damn article that touches on the subject of piracy. Do you somehow think the multitude of articles (on the Reg alone) and mass coverage about TPB4s convictions may have escaped our attention? Are you trying to pad out articles or just doing it to get a higher search ranking when people search for TPB?? Whatever it is just stop it!!

Jeez, my first ever rant on El Reg!

Anonymous Coward

What about the net discrimination amendments?

You failed to mention that the EU UNiversal Service Directive, part of the Telecoms Package still contains amendments which allow ISPs to neuter the net provided they write their neutering policies in their small print.

Let's hope the whole lot is rejected.

Alert

communication act

Correction required: *** Eurocrats, MEPs clash on telecoms reform to flush out pirates *** should be:

Eurocrats, MEPs clash on telecoms reform to flush out personal rights to communication integrity and personal freedom of internet interaction.

There - fixed.

This topic is closed for new posts.