WD has greened up its freshly minted 2TB SATA drive by focussing on reducing power consumption. With a 64MB cache and dual processors, WD says its WD RE4-GP hard drives have as much as a 25 per cent performance improvement over the previous generation. It says the drives reduce power consumption by up to 50 per cent over …
for use in NAS's
Is all this green technology worthwhile in a NAS? I'm thinking of getting something like a netgear readynas and would be looking to put 4 drives in it. "green" drives like this I would hope would be cooler, thus requiring less fan speed, as well as consuming less power.
would the software on such a device negate the special stuff through? I don't know if all this stuff requires driver/OS support to really be useful?
wont be much use
if the RIAA get their way....
Is that I need a handful of these....best get busy and win the lotto.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it