NetApp and Cisco are jointly marketing NetApp's storage arrays, validated to work with Cisco's UCS virtualised blade and networking computer system. The idea is to give customers an easier job when choosing which storage to add to Cisco's Unified Computing System, announced earlier this month. This employs VMware server …
UCS does not require FCoE or DCE connected storage. The Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect switch offers native 4Gb Fibre Channel ports to connect to standard Fibre Channel SANs. The UCS interconnect switch has the option of operating as an NPIV proxy, so the entire UCS cluster appears to be one big server attached to the SAN. NPIV means UCS can interoperate with any core Fibre Channel SAN switches which support NPIV devices, which includes McDATA, Brocade, and Cisco.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab