NetApp and Cisco are jointly marketing NetApp's storage arrays, validated to work with Cisco's UCS virtualised blade and networking computer system. The idea is to give customers an easier job when choosing which storage to add to Cisco's Unified Computing System, announced earlier this month. This employs VMware server …
UCS does not require FCoE or DCE connected storage. The Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect switch offers native 4Gb Fibre Channel ports to connect to standard Fibre Channel SANs. The UCS interconnect switch has the option of operating as an NPIV proxy, so the entire UCS cluster appears to be one big server attached to the SAN. NPIV means UCS can interoperate with any core Fibre Channel SAN switches which support NPIV devices, which includes McDATA, Brocade, and Cisco.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of unusual BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan