Trend Micro has unveiled a major update to its flagship scanning tools that puts your virus signature database online, plus a modular security and system management suite with partner BigFix. Trend Micro's updated OfficeScan Client/Server Suite includes an interesting change to the way its flagship scanning software keeps its …
"Of course, for safety's sake, the files being checked don't leave the system."
so it's going to send just the details to the server to check? perhaps the files name, path, and a hash or something? great, that'll work perfectly against the obsolete infections from last decade
surely there must be something else i'm missing here...
Cloud-based USB monitoring/encryption already available
The security company Envault Corporation has been doing that for some time for USB and FireWire mass storages (spotted at Red Herring Europe 100); plus they seem to have a way to remotely disable protected drives from anywhere without any connection to the devices.
There's a press release about the offering on their site: http://www.envaultcorp.com/news.php?page=pr20090210a
eggs basket .....
anyone for omelette
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?