Trend Micro has unveiled a major update to its flagship scanning tools that puts your virus signature database online, plus a modular security and system management suite with partner BigFix. Trend Micro's updated OfficeScan Client/Server Suite includes an interesting change to the way its flagship scanning software keeps its …
"Of course, for safety's sake, the files being checked don't leave the system."
so it's going to send just the details to the server to check? perhaps the files name, path, and a hash or something? great, that'll work perfectly against the obsolete infections from last decade
surely there must be something else i'm missing here...
Cloud-based USB monitoring/encryption already available
The security company Envault Corporation has been doing that for some time for USB and FireWire mass storages (spotted at Red Herring Europe 100); plus they seem to have a way to remotely disable protected drives from anywhere without any connection to the devices.
There's a press release about the offering on their site: http://www.envaultcorp.com/news.php?page=pr20090210a
eggs basket .....
anyone for omelette
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update