Microsoft is going ahead with its purchase of 3D real-time depth detection digital camera company 3DV, as reported at the beginning of April. The controlling shareholder of Israel-based 3DV, IDB Holding Corporation's Elron Electronic Industries and its subsidiary, Rafael Development Corporation, have signed a Memorandum of …
The technology was at SIGGRAPH a decade ago, it appears to have been taken nowhere and back again. Now ms want it ? I'm not holding my breath for an xbox-eye.
PH has great depth perception, and nightvision.
Sooooo . . .
there goes another promising tech flushed down the Mickeysoft toilet, never to be seen in a usable form again.
Oh, and where the hell is the Evil Ballmer icon? Bad Billy jumped the Good Ship Mickeysoft ages ago, it's about time you guys recognised that doncha think?
Sony have had Z-camera tech ready to go for five years. The only problem is it costs a massive £40 per set, which prices it out of the useful markets.
MAYBE this Israel company have a cheaper way of doing this and MAYBE they can sell it without infringing any of Sony's existing patents in the area.
Or maybe not.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*