When naming a handset after a city, phone manufacturers usually pick somewhere glamorous like Vegas or NYC. But Samsung’s executives have clearly spent too long drinking in one university’s infamous student union, because it’s rumoured the firm’s inked plans to call an upcoming phone the Preston. Bloggers over at website Omio …
Tokyo Joe's was never Preston's best nightclub - it was always full of school kids. And it was renamed several years ago after it acquired a rather downmarket reputation.
Not the town, the dog
I think the evil robo-dog in one of the Wallace and Grommit yarns was called Preston. That'll have been what was on Samsung's mind.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies