When naming a handset after a city, phone manufacturers usually pick somewhere glamorous like Vegas or NYC. But Samsung’s executives have clearly spent too long drinking in one university’s infamous student union, because it’s rumoured the firm’s inked plans to call an upcoming phone the Preston. Bloggers over at website Omio …
Tokyo Joe's was never Preston's best nightclub - it was always full of school kids. And it was renamed several years ago after it acquired a rather downmarket reputation.
Not the town, the dog
I think the evil robo-dog in one of the Wallace and Grommit yarns was called Preston. That'll have been what was on Samsung's mind.
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?