When naming a handset after a city, phone manufacturers usually pick somewhere glamorous like Vegas or NYC. But Samsung’s executives have clearly spent too long drinking in one university’s infamous student union, because it’s rumoured the firm’s inked plans to call an upcoming phone the Preston. Bloggers over at website Omio …
Tokyo Joe's was never Preston's best nightclub - it was always full of school kids. And it was renamed several years ago after it acquired a rather downmarket reputation.
Not the town, the dog
I think the evil robo-dog in one of the Wallace and Grommit yarns was called Preston. That'll have been what was on Samsung's mind.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity