back to article Russian schoolgirl invents inertioid-driven Venus rover

A Russian schoolgirl has wowed the crowds at an exhibition of youthful scientific inventions by rolling out a high-tech Venus rover, Pravda reports. Anna Shvetsova, of Noginsk, near Moscow, used “A Step to the Future” to demonstrate her "silvery disk, reminiscent to either a UFO or two bowls glued together" which apparently uses …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Coat

Please!

Won't somebody think of the children.. right.. oh..

mines the one with the Kirlian polaroids in the pocket..

That was published in 1982...

Does that mean as i was born in 79 I am a indiglo thingy?

Cool Time to get back to me basement me thinks and continue with me hyrdo fusion generator

Anonymous Coward

cough, cough, hurl

Yup, there's definitely some indigo in there.

Ray
Alien

Kill them

- unusually large, clear eyes

- extremely bright

- evolved consciousness

- come here [from elsewhere, viz Venus]

- one land, one globe and one species

The message is obvious: these "children" are alien parasites and must be all destroyed immediately and without prejudice.

Bronze badge

Lack of Truth

So 95% of the children born between 1972 and 1982 are "sensitive, gifted souls with an evolved consciousness"? I say bollocks.

Maybe Pravda is trying to bury its Soviet-era reputation: "There is no spark in the Truth and no truth in the Spark".

What colour are chav's auras?

Because thats all I seem to see these days - the chavification of civilization. This would never have happened in Hitler's day, no sir.

Coat

Seen this before somewhere...

"As small children, Indigo’s [sic] are easy to recognize by their unusually large, clear eyes. Extremely bright, precocious children with an amazing memory and a strong desire to live instinctively, these children of the next millennium are sensitive, gifted souls with an evolved consciousness who have come here to help change the vibrations of our lives and create one land, one globe and one species. They are our bridge to the future."

Isn't this the same as the children in Village of the Damned?

Mine's the one with the dynamite in the pocket...

Happy

wot no daily mail hoodies?

I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside ...

M
Joke

Hmm

I think that she probably comes from Pripyat, not Noginsk. That would explain the 'aura'

Genes

I know that asking this will lend this credibility it might not need, but d'you think there is any plausible relationship between this and the quite genuine discovery that an increasing number of humans are now being born with a changed gene for a protein used in the brain which may give real advantage? (if I wasn't so lazy I'd look up the reference on Google). I saw it on the BBC so it must be true.

Intertioid engine?

Wait, I thought the whole "Torsion Fields" mechanics was debunked as pseudoscience and a scam.

-dZ.

Happy

I for one welcome our new masters!

The Midwich Cuckoos anyone ?

Bronze badge
Happy

I could do with some new vibrations

I for one would welcome our new indigo aura enabled overlords.

Thumb Up

"Evolved consciousness"

As opposed to all the other consciousnesses... they must be intelligently designed or something...

Tim

Ummm

Is the Indigo bit some new age hippy shite, or have the Midwich Cuckoos arrived at last?

Boffin

Where do I begin?

First off - if two things rotate in opposite directions then as well all know, there is no movement contraray to the direction of the axis of rotation. We only have to look at those personal helicopters to know that.

As for this whole "Indigo" thing. Mwa ha ha. Pull the other one! That alone would be enough for any sensible person to dismiss this entire story as complete bullshit.

Anonymous Coward

one land, one globe, one species?

Well, plate tectonics sort of screws up the idea of a return to Pangea any time soon and the one globe idea kind of puts Adventure To Venus in doubt too, but at least we're making good progress on the "one species" thing. Holocene mass extinction FTW!

Apparently...

they "have come here to help change the vibrations of our lives". Well, mine insists on listening to the Charlie & Lola theme all the time, so that means he's one of these purple kids, right?

Boffin

anti grav stair lift

Indigo child develops Anti-Grav

Stannah develops the worlds first anti-grav stair lift.

Norah Batty can work again.

Circle complete.

Personally I'd like an anti-grav swimming pool , you know , one that floats

Flame

all makes sense now

so thats what my large clear eyed 3 year old has been doing in the cellar these past weeks, building a stargate. i hope he figures out how to power it...i cant afford the electric

Silver badge
Flame

I get this...

with an amazing memory - like "Daddy, you said it was bad to use that word..."

a strong desire to live instinctively - like screaming loudly when they don't get their way, and hitting siblings? "Oh, it's OK, he's expressing his desire to live instinctively."

with an evolved consciousness - unlike all those amoeba, with unevolved conciousnesses

help change the vibrations of our lives - its that jazz/rock/punk/(insert new music type here)

and create one land, one globe and one species - environmental destruction, mass extinction and ecological disaster!

They are our bridge to the future - brilliant, so unarguable

@Steve - knowing our luck, you're the other 5%, and you're just about to create a black hole to swallow us all!

Good vibrations

My life is full or rhythmic vibrations. Not involving children, of course.

Anonymous Coward

I for one

welcome our indigo aura wielding young overlords.

Silver badge
Flame

"One land, one globe and one species"

Freddy Mercury!!

inertioid = "forward or rotary motion without physical reaction"

The rotary motion is no problem. That's how an astronaut can turn his body in orbit without touching the walls. Forward motion... not likely. Is this a "reactionless drive" or something? Expect New Scientist to run a cover story which then has to be painstakingly shot down by people who have actual understanding of differential equations and error bars.

I seem to using the Flame Icon a lot. Maybe it's just me.

Coat

Natural Evolution of Consciousness

Put aside the external, and think in internal consciousness terms hereonin. We still have a long way to go before we realise that all consciousness is shared instantaneously with all sentient beings all around the universe and through all time. Call it quantum dislocation, but the neuronal pathways that make up the subconscious brain are too far apart for quantum energy jumps, but close enough together in the conscious brain. (Google Matt Pitkanen). There you go then. (Shhhh, I AM getting my coat).

Dead Vulture

Point of this article?

http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?forumID=13&threadID=93551&messageID=466670

Hehehe.

Alien

yeah right...

...someone was given the John Wyndham boxed set last Christmas.

- alien, has big bright clear eyes.

Boffin

Colour me red and call me a sceptic

'Torsional fields' ? Snigger.

No reaction means no inertia, which would mean keeping the centre of mass in one spot so there's no net acceleration. /That/ approach will inevitably come back to bite you in the arse -- sort of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

When 'Shipov’s device' finally boldly went forwards, Mr Duffield neglects the air track as a potential source of kinetic energy - but hey! Working out these scams are fun; my toes are thoroughly kept on.

But...

...does she have big tits?

Wrong date?

Was this meant to be released on April 1st? The suggested propulsion method is a load of tripe.

http://torsionfraud.narod.ru/akimov_shipov_torsion_field/Shipov_Akimov_Torsion_Fields_Inertioid.htm

Go

Kids today

So 95% of everyone under 38 are aliens?

I thought I was just a grumpy old man

Happy

Where are the photos?

Can we have some photos please?

And maybe 1 or 2 of the Rover as well?

Silver badge

Can they detect the aura of a "sceptic"?

This sounds like an oscillation thruster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactionless_drive#Oscillation_thruster

These work by throwing an internal mass back fast enough to overcome friction, and make the vehicle lurch forward. The mass is returned to initial position slowly, so the vehicle does not slip back. Oscillation thrusters work fine on a flat uniform surface. They are poor at going up hills, and dealing with surfaces with different amounts of friction.

Oscillation thrusters depend on static friction being greater than dynamic friction, so they do not work at all in space - although they do make impressive demonstrations for fleecing ignorant investors. What colour is the aura of a rich twit dumb enough to invest in yet another impulse engine?

Chav auras

Can you get auras in Burberry check/tartan/plaid/whetever?

Chav auras

Can you get auras in Burberry check/tartan/plaid/whatever?

Happy

Yeah my kid is one of those

maxed his kindy teachers out on day 4 of pre-school (aged3.5) - by correcting the teacher...

"actually the moon is a satellite."

The next week he taught them about the Large Hadron Collider, explaining that it was an experiment to find out what atoms are made of.

He scoffed at his 5 yr old brother recently, informing him that Jesus wasnt real.

Eyes WIDE open.

Coat

Hang on, now I understand

Indigo??? started about ten years ago?? So that's what Tinky Winky is all about !

Mystery solved.

Happy

Yes of course it's all crap don't you know what happened to Pravda...

.. after the end of the Cold War? After the collapse of Communism, Pravda was left somewhat drifting and directionless, there not being much call for an official State Propaganda organ anymore, and it's gradually degenerated into being some kind of Russian version of the Weekly World News.

Having said that, I'm sure its stories are perhaps now marginally *more* close to the truth then they ever were before, but that's not saying much.

Stop

Indigo Children

Just did a google search on this subject....

ohmigod, what a pile of tripe!

Happy

As a colour purple...

was used in a Sci Fi story when a translation machine tried to translate a "wizards" name.

You only find out at the end of the story that the name was actually: "As a mauve" - or Asimov.

Pretty close to Indigo if you ask me - could Asimov have been the original Indigo child.

BTW what happens when they grow up - do they become bureaucratic grey?

Autism

The concept of Indigo children IMHO was invented to help parents deal with low level autistic spectrum disorders in their children. "No, he's not autistic, he's Indigo".

Rather than confront the stigma, just invent another word for it and claim that you have sired the saviour of mankind.

Happy

Not Inigo then?

Nothing to do with Inigo Pipkin of 70s UK TV favourite Pipkins fame?

I guess not, because whatever progress was made towards the creation of a rover vehicle, it would undoubtedly have been sabotaged by Hartley Hare anyway.

Coat

I don't know which is more unbelievable...

The suggestion that Inertoid motion has been refined and proven, or that "Russian schoolgirl" didn't trigger the work proxy.

Bronze badge

Russians are much like us then

Scientology has it that El Ron is alive and lives on Venus. The Vatican, when acknowledging the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe, suggested that some ETs might be without sin. Francis Crick promoted the idea of panspermia to explain the complexity of DNA. NASA's funding would suffer badly without repeated discoveries of life on Mars or the new quest to Venus. And a host of financial instruments are apparently based on similar mathematics...

True believers seem to find these stories quite compulsive; and some of their promoters find they are a nice little earner.

Incidentally, if any of the Reg staff find they are having problems with their aura as a result of working with postmodern conjectures such as this at close range, a pint or two of decent ale and a good night's rest usually provides a satisfactory remedy.

Anonymous Coward

Zogg?

http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/zogg/zogg1.html

D'you think?

"...d'you think there is any plausible relationship between this ["indigo child" nonsense] and the quite genuine discovery that an increasing number of humans are now being born with a changed gene for a protein used in the brain which may give real advantage?"

No, I don't. That would be stupid.

Anonymous Coward

@They are our bridge to the future.

Oh come on. Isn't that the thing EVERY parent says about their little off-lings at some point.

Is this Indigo the same as the purply hue that David Icke raved on about ?

Happy

My aura is plaid

What's this doing in Science?

Surely anything that mentions aura's in the context of this article immidiately precludes it from being scientific.

Still, it was good for a laugh on a virtual friday.

Paris Hilton

Dean drive

Something frighteningly similar was patented sometime back as the "Dean Drive". Except

in the Dean Drive (tm, I'm sure), the weight was slid into the center during one part of the rotation

and out to the extreme over the portion of rotation that was in line with the desired direction of

force.

Sounded like something fun to play with or simulate, but not to patent.

Cheers.

This post has been deleted by its author

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums