Intel has announced a 2GHz Atom processor, as expected, along with a lesser part with on-board auto-overclocking. Both new Atoms form part of the Z series of chips, all aimed at handheld internet tablets rather than netbooks. That said, while there's currently almost no demand for said palmtops, the new boys will surely find …
For netbooks: an underclocked 2GHz cpu might be more power-saving/run cooler than the old 1.6?
In other news: "A comment is required, in addition to a title."
New invitation to an old scam
Quote the top speed, but neglect to mention that the heat sink is not big enough to maintain that speed.
Quote the top speed, but neglect to mention that the battery life was measured at a lower speed.
I would be peeved, but all computer parts are carefully labelled to cause confusion.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder