Intel has announced a 2GHz Atom processor, as expected, along with a lesser part with on-board auto-overclocking. Both new Atoms form part of the Z series of chips, all aimed at handheld internet tablets rather than netbooks. That said, while there's currently almost no demand for said palmtops, the new boys will surely find …
For netbooks: an underclocked 2GHz cpu might be more power-saving/run cooler than the old 1.6?
In other news: "A comment is required, in addition to a title."
New invitation to an old scam
Quote the top speed, but neglect to mention that the heat sink is not big enough to maintain that speed.
Quote the top speed, but neglect to mention that the battery life was measured at a lower speed.
I would be peeved, but all computer parts are carefully labelled to cause confusion.
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe