Intel has announced a 2GHz Atom processor, as expected, along with a lesser part with on-board auto-overclocking. Both new Atoms form part of the Z series of chips, all aimed at handheld internet tablets rather than netbooks. That said, while there's currently almost no demand for said palmtops, the new boys will surely find …
For netbooks: an underclocked 2GHz cpu might be more power-saving/run cooler than the old 1.6?
In other news: "A comment is required, in addition to a title."
New invitation to an old scam
Quote the top speed, but neglect to mention that the heat sink is not big enough to maintain that speed.
Quote the top speed, but neglect to mention that the battery life was measured at a lower speed.
I would be peeved, but all computer parts are carefully labelled to cause confusion.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip