Intel has announced a 2GHz Atom processor, as expected, along with a lesser part with on-board auto-overclocking. Both new Atoms form part of the Z series of chips, all aimed at handheld internet tablets rather than netbooks. That said, while there's currently almost no demand for said palmtops, the new boys will surely find …
For netbooks: an underclocked 2GHz cpu might be more power-saving/run cooler than the old 1.6?
In other news: "A comment is required, in addition to a title."
New invitation to an old scam
Quote the top speed, but neglect to mention that the heat sink is not big enough to maintain that speed.
Quote the top speed, but neglect to mention that the battery life was measured at a lower speed.
I would be peeved, but all computer parts are carefully labelled to cause confusion.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't