Despite only launching in the UK last Friday, Blighty’s gamers have already grabbed almost 100,000 Nintendo DSis. UK retailers shifted a whopping 92,000 DSi handheld consoles on Friday and Saturday last week, according to figures from market watcher GfK-ChartTrack. However, last week’s UK DSi sales still weren’t enough to …
No that impressive considering it's much cheaper than the Wii, PS3 and PSP when launched..
Also unimpressive considering most of those are pre-orders built up over the last couple of months..
To me it looks like a major flop, as I don't know a single person thats even heard of the DSi, let alone itching to buy one for incremental upgrade features...
This just sounds like Nintendo paid for backpatting from ChartTrak...
not DSGi then
my keyboard is awash for no good reason at all!
DSi will always sound like an engine to me. Its suprising to see Sonys PSP has sold the most in first week sales, and the PS3, as both of these were sold without Christmas to back it up.
Still, 92,000 units is very good going as it isnt really that different from the original.
What will Nintendo do next? 3DSi... See what I did there!? Where did I put my coat?
Did people award medals for 4th place??
Desperate PR spin to hide a flopped launch...
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity