back to article DSi UK sales off to strong start

Despite only launching in the UK last Friday, Blighty’s gamers have already grabbed almost 100,000 Nintendo DSis. UK retailers shifted a whopping 92,000 DSi handheld consoles on Friday and Saturday last week, according to figures from market watcher GfK-ChartTrack. However, last week’s UK DSi sales still weren’t enough to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark

4th fastest..

No that impressive considering it's much cheaper than the Wii, PS3 and PSP when launched..

Also unimpressive considering most of those are pre-orders built up over the last couple of months..

To me it looks like a major flop, as I don't know a single person thats even heard of the DSi, let alone itching to buy one for incremental upgrade features...

This just sounds like Nintendo paid for backpatting from ChartTrak...

2. MnM

not DSGi then

my keyboard is awash for no good reason at all!

3. Ry
    Coat

DS?i

DSi will always sound like an engine to me. Its suprising to see Sonys PSP has sold the most in first week sales, and the PS3, as both of these were sold without Christmas to back it up.

Still, 92,000 units is very good going as it isnt really that different from the original.

What will Nintendo do next? 3DSi... See what I did there!? Where did I put my coat?

4. Mark
    Coat

Since when..

Did people award medals for 4th place??

Desperate PR spin to hide a flopped launch...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like