Feeds

back to article Drobo doubles up storage robot capacity

Desktop external storage supplier Data Robotics has doubled up the slot capacity of its Drobo product to produce the 8-slot Drobo Pro, enabling it to sell networked block storage into markets served by low-end commodity NAS (network-attached storage) vendors such as Buffalo, Iomega, Seagate and others. The original Drobo product …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
N
Bronze badge

Wonderful, but just one thing to be wary of

Proprietary raid algorithm = youre going to get shafted when it goes wrong

CKM
Thumb Down

They have been known to loose all your data...

... happened to a friend who bought a Thecus instead....

IT Angle

@CKM

What has been known to "loose all your data"? Drobo? NAS solutions? RAID arrays? Or just one instance of a guy you know with a Thecus NAS?

Please be a bit more helpful.

Anonymous Coward

Looks great but WAY Overpriced

So I can get a 4 bay Drobo for ~$380, so an 8 bay one should be way less than >3 x the price.

Nice idea, too expensive.

Coat

UK Math?

Does the UK use its own math scheme, or did i miss something in this article, because here in America, with the math we use, 4TB drives x 8 bays = 32TB of data storage, not 64TB...

Re: UK Math?

Nope that's Drobo math 2TB x 8 bays x 4 DroboPros in one virtual volume is 64TB.

Not a SAN-in-a-box

I've found out that the Drobo Pro's iSCSI connection can only support one host; it's not a sharable iSCSI target across the network, meaning that the Drobo Pro is not a SAN-in-a-box-like storage product.

Chris.

This topic is closed for new posts.