Proving imitation in the sincerest form of flattery, even in the world of malware creation, VXers have adapted a four-year old worm to exploit the vulnerability used by the Conficker superworm. The Neeris worm, which dates from as far back as May 2005, making it a bit of geriatric, has been adapted to spread using the infamous …
And Why Aren't People Patching?
The flaw this worm uses is like what, 9 months old by now? Why haven't people patched? They can even do so overnight, automatically! Yet they don't...
What's that old saw about fool me once, shame on you? :)
Penguin because even a stupid bird should be able to figure out the need for patching...
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'