Geeks Guide 2 from Register Books Electronic vandalism, government espionage, ITU hideouts, luminous hairstyles and the coolest body piercings; the Hollywood portrayal of the hacking scene is one we are all familiar with. However this common portrayal often skips the fact that hacking is an art – indeed it is the fine art of …
you should be able to...
"...outsmart common security measures; gain access to a remote server; hijack TCP connections and more."
And then get arrested and extradited by the Yanks who you've embarassed because they had shite security on their systems...
You don't need to know how to do any of the above to embarrass US.gov sysadmins. You just need a blank password.
I'm writing to Jacqui Smith to tell her about this subversive book* as it could be used by the evil agents of international tourism. Shame on El Reg for aiding the enemies of this glorious country to attack our computer infrastructure.
* After I buy my copy of course.
Amen brother Graham
I'm a Yank and I agree with you. Computer hacking should be a misdemeanor at most.
Would you guys mind?
If I order a copy using a credit card number that isn't my own?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars