Geeks Guide 2 from Register Books Electronic vandalism, government espionage, ITU hideouts, luminous hairstyles and the coolest body piercings; the Hollywood portrayal of the hacking scene is one we are all familiar with. However this common portrayal often skips the fact that hacking is an art – indeed it is the fine art of …
you should be able to...
"...outsmart common security measures; gain access to a remote server; hijack TCP connections and more."
And then get arrested and extradited by the Yanks who you've embarassed because they had shite security on their systems...
You don't need to know how to do any of the above to embarrass US.gov sysadmins. You just need a blank password.
I'm writing to Jacqui Smith to tell her about this subversive book* as it could be used by the evil agents of international tourism. Shame on El Reg for aiding the enemies of this glorious country to attack our computer infrastructure.
* After I buy my copy of course.
Amen brother Graham
I'm a Yank and I agree with you. Computer hacking should be a misdemeanor at most.
Would you guys mind?
If I order a copy using a credit card number that isn't my own?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- Vid+Pics Microsoft unwraps WINDOWS 10. Evidently, Seven ate Nine
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9