Feeds

back to article iPhone apps punt iPhone apps

A new service from mobile developer Mobui promises to sort through the morass of mediocrity that is the iTunes application store, by providing recommendations from the authors of apps you've already bought. The premise is simple: Mobui provides an Objective C object, with source code, that you insert into your iPhone application …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Happy

the perfect iphone app.

When can I get a ZX Spectrum Emulator for the iphone????

IT Angle

I'm confused.

Dou mean the author of the original application gets 75% in all or does the 5% go somewhere else?

Erm...

Isn't this likely just to see app developers slinging each other a few bob for a favourable review, or agreeing to promote each others's apps?

Geographical filtering needed too

A nice idea, but it wouldn't be so necessary if we didn't have to wade through a quagmire of irrelevant-to-all-but-a-tiny-minority apps (BA Flights: great if you fly BA; Boston GPS tour: wonderful if you're going to Boston. But I'm not).

Does noone read reviews any more

I mean the ones from websites and magazines that they can trust.

Apple etc could do what Nintendo and the other console manufacturers do and try to limit the crap however that's an expensive and time consuming process or they could allow anything on (Windows). I think they've been sensible with something inbetween and it's really up to the App developers (to price and market accordingly) and buyers to do a little research before.

Then again if it's only a couple of dollars then surely it's probably easier just to give it a go.

This topic is closed for new posts.