Space shuttle Atlantis yesterday morning arrived at Kennedy Space Centre's Launch Pad 39A (see pic), having taken around five hours to trundle the 3.4 miles from the Vehicle Assembly Building. Atlantis at the launch pad. Pic: NASA The spacecraft is slated to blast off on 12 May on STS-125 mission to the Hubble Space Telescope. …
This must be the April Fool's joke. No way can those astronauts fit into that bendy shuttle - they must be hundreds of miles tall. How do they breathe in space? Can't they just reach up with their hands, and grab the Hubble as it goes by? Or is it too sharp to hold?
How many astronauts does it take...?
The second picture in the article is wrong on so many levels. They look like they are giants, and also that the earth they are standing on has also increased on such massive scale, that galaxies previously on the edge of what we could see are now clearly visible. However, this now renders the Hubble telescope completely useless...
Meanwhile, the telescope is now just in reach of the astronauts and now they just need a stepladder to do what they need to do, saving billions of dollars in the process.
So that was Atlantis...
...speeding past my London bus this morning. Wondering what was overtaking us!
What happened to the Right Stuff?
No way would that short-ass pilot have got accepted into the programme in the good 'ol days. Chuck Yeager must be spinning in his grave!
Mine's the one with the fake military insignia.
Agreed the idea that:
1. the Americans might be about to finally carry out this mission,
2. that Hubble's only good for a few more years
3. that the Shuttle will be abandoned before a replacement exists (even on paper)
4. that the USA will be dependent on on Russia for manned launches.
Any of those is patently ludicrous, AND the plot for a Bruce Willis movie.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM