Sony has treated PlayStation 2 buyers in North America and Europe to a console cost cut. But the electronics giant has confirmed that UK consumers won’t see any reduction. A spokesperson for Sony Computer Entertainment told website MCV that “neither [the European or North American price cuts] affect the UK – the price will …
Why does this not surprise me. I think they will shoot themselves in the foot, like they do over their licensing rights. Can't do this, can't do that. Simple answer is don't buy Sony! And besides which, if its not made in Japan, its usualy crap anyway as with all the Vaio I have had to throw away, rubbish.
It's pretty obvious why they havn't done a price cut in the UK. I'll make it simple for you... In the Registers own words...
"Sony hasn’t given a reason for its decision not to cut the PS2’s price in the UK, which currently carries a recommended sale price of £95. The aging console will now also cost £93 in continental Europe."
YES THAT'S RIGHT. £2 DIFFERENCE AFTER THE PRICE CUT. THERE WAS NO UK PRICE CUT BECAUSE IT WAS ALREADY CHEAP HERE.
Some people clearly arn't that smart it seems.... I think even Paris understands this concept...
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- The Register to boldly go where no Vulture has gone before: The WEEKEND