After Monday's roll-out of Intel's long-awaited Xeon 5500 family, The Reg sat down with a pair of Intel honchos at the company's Santa Clara, California, headquarters and asked, "What took you so long?" After all, Intel's Core i7 high-end desktop processors, based on the same new Nehalem microarchitecture, went on sale over four …
3500s and Turbo Boost
The article infers that the Turbo Boost feature is exclusive to the 5500s, but this isn't the case.
will be interesting to compare with latest AMD Shanghai 2384
we've got an eval box with twin Shanghai 2384HE processors, and are hoping to get a dual L5520 to compare.
I feel very sorry for AMD right now.
Paris, because she knows what it's like to have the whole world see what's inside.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!