The EU parliament has reached an agreement on the details of the new regulatory body envisioned - and considerably diluted - by Viviane Reding, which should now come into existence in the next couple of months. The details differ little from what was expected, despite weeks of negotiation with the various regulatory bodies. The …
"....talking shop for regulatory staff......"
I read this and immediately imagined a load of middle-aged blokes with leather patches on the elbows of their jackets sitting round a table.
A sort of "BEREC on Tweed" if you will.......
What of the AT&T and HMG Wiki ammendments?
Were the traffic management clauses included in Art 22 (3) left unchanged or were they voted against? The ammendments were a combination of AT&T lobbying and a cut paste job from a wiki file on traffic management by some UK civil servant? As it stood it would give our ISPs more discretion that they need to manage our traffic without informing us.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops