Twitter has poached Google’s former visual design boss to take on the role of creative director at the micro-blogging site. Douglas Bowman confirmed earlier this month he had quit Mountain View because he was peeved with Google’s obsession with performance data. He said in a blog post on 20 March that he had grown tired of …
Frying Pan -> Fire
So when Google buy Twitter, he'll have gone full circle.
Never mind that...
...who's made the "i" in my Gmail "inbox" lower case?! That's the sort of miniscule design decision that needs to be boycotted!
...who will soon be bought by Google and he'll be out of work once again.
I am going to have a dump
I am having a dump
Hardly rocket science
One day he's designer for the world's largest internet company, with a huge range of widely differing products (albeit mostly in beta). Next day he's tasked with designing a text box that can comfortably fit 140 characters. Good luck with that Dougie!
He has landed at a company that has been severely challenged by performance issues. Hope he is up to the task.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops