Western Digital is buying solid state disk supplier SiliconSystems for $65m in cash, and will supply SSDs to the netbook, notebook and enterprise markets. While saying it is open to supplying SSD products alongside its existing hard disk drive products, Western Digital - the world's number 2 supplier of hard drives - has not …
Seagate slipping up on solid state
Possibly a good move by WD and it certainly exposes Seagate's lack of vigor in SSDs not to have consolidated a leadership position in this market.
There is an obvious technology move that Seagate can make to cement a leadership position and may help them define and lead the SSD market but they would need to do this fast and sure
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Nobody wants to look at your boobs: Snapchat gets ads 'that interest you'
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun