Western Digital is buying solid state disk supplier SiliconSystems for $65m in cash, and will supply SSDs to the netbook, notebook and enterprise markets. While saying it is open to supplying SSD products alongside its existing hard disk drive products, Western Digital - the world's number 2 supplier of hard drives - has not …
Seagate slipping up on solid state
Possibly a good move by WD and it certainly exposes Seagate's lack of vigor in SSDs not to have consolidated a leadership position in this market.
There is an obvious technology move that Seagate can make to cement a leadership position and may help them define and lead the SSD market but they would need to do this fast and sure
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft