The much-hyped Palm Pré could be launched next month, according to Tweets posted by the head of one firm thought to be testing the would-be iPhone killer. Jim Van, CEO of Logicom, reportedly updated his Twitter feed last week to say that the phone’s release date will be 30 April. It’s worth taking the news with a pinch of salt …
What are legacy palms to be called
When the Palm Pre comes out with WebOS just how are we meant to refer to legacy Palm devices that run old applications... (wait for it)... Pre-Palm-Pre?
What is it with "exclusive" deals?
I'm sure I'm not alone in the conviction that I will *never* change my network provider to get a specific device. I'd have liked an Iphone, but I was never going to move to O2 to get one, and the same is going to be true of the Pre.
So good luck Palm - I'm sure you've got a great phone on your hands, but this ridiculous insistence on exclusive deals means that I'll probably never own one unless I can get an unlocked one on Ebay. I'd sooner pay a few hundred quid for an unlocked device that I can use with the operator of *my* choice, than have a network foisted on me.
Pre-order at Play.Com
I've just noticed that Play.com has all the details of the Pre and will let you know when it's available to order, which implies to me it must be imminent.
pre-order means sod all
I mean I pre-ordered my R2-D2 ice bucket in August with Play http://www.play.com//ProductOutline.aspx?title=5345897&r=GADG , but I am jumping ship to whoever to get my pre ASAP
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court