The much-hyped Palm Pré could be launched next month, according to Tweets posted by the head of one firm thought to be testing the would-be iPhone killer. Jim Van, CEO of Logicom, reportedly updated his Twitter feed last week to say that the phone’s release date will be 30 April. It’s worth taking the news with a pinch of salt …
What are legacy palms to be called
When the Palm Pre comes out with WebOS just how are we meant to refer to legacy Palm devices that run old applications... (wait for it)... Pre-Palm-Pre?
What is it with "exclusive" deals?
I'm sure I'm not alone in the conviction that I will *never* change my network provider to get a specific device. I'd have liked an Iphone, but I was never going to move to O2 to get one, and the same is going to be true of the Pre.
So good luck Palm - I'm sure you've got a great phone on your hands, but this ridiculous insistence on exclusive deals means that I'll probably never own one unless I can get an unlocked one on Ebay. I'd sooner pay a few hundred quid for an unlocked device that I can use with the operator of *my* choice, than have a network foisted on me.
Pre-order at Play.Com
I've just noticed that Play.com has all the details of the Pre and will let you know when it's available to order, which implies to me it must be imminent.
pre-order means sod all
I mean I pre-ordered my R2-D2 ice bucket in August with Play http://www.play.com//ProductOutline.aspx?title=5345897&r=GADG , but I am jumping ship to whoever to get my pre ASAP
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook