Nokia is getting out of third-party manufacturing, a move that will see the Finnish giant spending $5bn less on making handsets, according to specialists iSuppli. Seventeen per cent of Nokia's manufacturing was outsourced to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in 2008, according to Reuters, and that’s the business from which …
curb = put a stop to
kerb = boundary between pavement and road
No pedantry required.
I rather think that the author is alluding to OEM's being thown off the gravy train and into the gutter.
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Antique Code Show WTF happened to Pac-Man?
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant
- Study shows dangerous asteroid impacts hit Earth every six months