Nokia is getting out of third-party manufacturing, a move that will see the Finnish giant spending $5bn less on making handsets, according to specialists iSuppli. Seventeen per cent of Nokia's manufacturing was outsourced to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in 2008, according to Reuters, and that’s the business from which …
curb = put a stop to
kerb = boundary between pavement and road
No pedantry required.
I rather think that the author is alluding to OEM's being thown off the gravy train and into the gutter.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?