Nokia is getting out of third-party manufacturing, a move that will see the Finnish giant spending $5bn less on making handsets, according to specialists iSuppli. Seventeen per cent of Nokia's manufacturing was outsourced to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in 2008, according to Reuters, and that’s the business from which …
curb = put a stop to
kerb = boundary between pavement and road
No pedantry required.
I rather think that the author is alluding to OEM's being thown off the gravy train and into the gutter.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices