Nokia is getting out of third-party manufacturing, a move that will see the Finnish giant spending $5bn less on making handsets, according to specialists iSuppli. Seventeen per cent of Nokia's manufacturing was outsourced to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in 2008, according to Reuters, and that’s the business from which …
curb = put a stop to
kerb = boundary between pavement and road
No pedantry required.
I rather think that the author is alluding to OEM's being thown off the gravy train and into the gutter.
- JLaw, Kate Upton EXPOSED in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NUDE PHOTOS hack