Keeping up with Asus’ ever expanding Eee PC range is getting tricky, especially now the firm has just unveiled the line's first model with an integrated optical drive. Asus_eee_1004DN Asus' 1004DN: the first Eee with a built-in optical drive The 1004DN is fitted with a multi-format DVD writer. Alongside it is an Intel 1.66GHz …
Way to go Asus...
...for polluting your own product line and turning netbooks into what is likely to be a short lived fad. Rather than a stand alone category of computer. Manufacturers had already done a good job of destroying the category with ever increasing features and ever increasing prices, only now Asus has destroyed the final differentiating thing. The small case form factor. Nice one Asus, nice one.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats