Skype is reportedly set to imminently release an iPhone version of its VoIP service. According to GigaOM, the eBay-owned service could announce an application for the iPhone as soon as next week, during the wireless CTIA tradeshow in Las Vegas that starts on 1 April. However, Skype declined to comment on the speculative report …
I bet its crap
I bet it has no or limited ability to make skypeout calls. just IM chat. Skype stupidly signed agreements with mobile operators such as 3 to say that they would do exclusive deals with them.
"Apple to shaft AT&T shocker"
Year, right. Apple may have won on the tethering (eventually) but I think AT&T will shit in their soup before they let Skype on there.
I'll stick with Fring!
I use Skype already
I already use Skype on my iPod touch via Fring, a free app in the iTunes store.
Better than Fring...
Truphone now supports Skype and is a much more reliable iPhone client than Fring in my experience.
Big deal Skype on my iPhone. I also use Fring to speak to people on Skype; true it only works over wifi, but then that's all I need it to do.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE