Skype is reportedly set to imminently release an iPhone version of its VoIP service. According to GigaOM, the eBay-owned service could announce an application for the iPhone as soon as next week, during the wireless CTIA tradeshow in Las Vegas that starts on 1 April. However, Skype declined to comment on the speculative report …
I bet its crap
I bet it has no or limited ability to make skypeout calls. just IM chat. Skype stupidly signed agreements with mobile operators such as 3 to say that they would do exclusive deals with them.
"Apple to shaft AT&T shocker"
Year, right. Apple may have won on the tethering (eventually) but I think AT&T will shit in their soup before they let Skype on there.
I'll stick with Fring!
I use Skype already
I already use Skype on my iPod touch via Fring, a free app in the iTunes store.
Better than Fring...
Truphone now supports Skype and is a much more reliable iPhone client than Fring in my experience.
Big deal Skype on my iPhone. I also use Fring to speak to people on Skype; true it only works over wifi, but then that's all I need it to do.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account