A credit crunch camera or a model aimed at the digital beginner? You can take your pick when it comes to the Pentax Optio E70L. This budget camera costs less than £100, which is nice, but there’s a big difference between offering a low price and good value for money. Buying cheap can be an expensive mistake, so where does the …
In one word .....
I can sum up the results in one word: Uninspiring. Even if I was looking for a cheap camera to take to a pop festival, I'd still give the E70L a miss and look for an end-of-line special.
Truly, this is a product which aspires towards mediocrity. I'd expect it to carry a supermarket's own brand name, not Pentax.
PS. Still no sensor array area! I'd rather have more mm² than more megapixels.
Photo of the stripes
Were those stripes parallel and straight in real life? If so, that's some of the worst barrel distortion I've seen in a long time.
I've got a ~4 year old Optio S5i
This review could've been applied to it almost verbatim. You'd think in four years they'd improve more than just the megapixel count :\
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence