back to article Pentax Optio E70L

A credit crunch camera or a model aimed at the digital beginner? You can take your pick when it comes to the Pentax Optio E70L. This budget camera costs less than £100, which is nice, but there’s a big difference between offering a low price and good value for money. Buying cheap can be an expensive mistake, so where does the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. A J Stiles

In one word .....

I can sum up the results in one word: Uninspiring. Even if I was looking for a cheap camera to take to a pop festival, I'd still give the E70L a miss and look for an end-of-line special.

Truly, this is a product which aspires towards mediocrity. I'd expect it to carry a supermarket's own brand name, not Pentax.

PS. Still no sensor array area! I'd rather have more mm² than more megapixels.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Photo of the stripes

Were those stripes parallel and straight in real life? If so, that's some of the worst barrel distortion I've seen in a long time.

3. Peyton

I've got a ~4 year old Optio S5i

This review could've been applied to it almost verbatim. You'd think in four years they'd improve more than just the megapixel count :\

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like