Microsoft's Mix was intended to introduce developers to the company's cloud platform - Azure Services Platform. Just days before, though, Azure suffered its first outage - 22 hours of darkness. Microsoft blamed an over-active Fabric Controller for the problem, saying it had taken down healthy server instances instead of just the …
Best bit was Playboy!
MIX is a great conference, very relaxed and not at all Microsoft in feel - I don't think I've ever been to a Microsoft conference where in the keynote someone mentioned Playboy before! And yes, they even launched the site http://playboy.covertocover.com (50+ issues, one from each year, full text search enabled!) ... though they did leave it dark until the evening (I guess they wanted the audience to pay attention to the rest of the keynote and the sessions!)
Paris: for the articles
RE: Best bit was Playboy!
For you, the highlight of a MS tech conference was MS using silicon boobies to convince people that silverlight is anywhere near finished?
Not sure who comes out worst off from that. You, or MS.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Geek's Guide to Britain How the UK's national memory lives in a ROBOT in Kew