Microsoft's Mix was intended to introduce developers to the company's cloud platform - Azure Services Platform. Just days before, though, Azure suffered its first outage - 22 hours of darkness. Microsoft blamed an over-active Fabric Controller for the problem, saying it had taken down healthy server instances instead of just the …
Best bit was Playboy!
MIX is a great conference, very relaxed and not at all Microsoft in feel - I don't think I've ever been to a Microsoft conference where in the keynote someone mentioned Playboy before! And yes, they even launched the site http://playboy.covertocover.com (50+ issues, one from each year, full text search enabled!) ... though they did leave it dark until the evening (I guess they wanted the audience to pay attention to the rest of the keynote and the sessions!)
Paris: for the articles
RE: Best bit was Playboy!
For you, the highlight of a MS tech conference was MS using silicon boobies to convince people that silverlight is anywhere near finished?
Not sure who comes out worst off from that. You, or MS.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR