Microsoft's Mix was intended to introduce developers to the company's cloud platform - Azure Services Platform. Just days before, though, Azure suffered its first outage - 22 hours of darkness. Microsoft blamed an over-active Fabric Controller for the problem, saying it had taken down healthy server instances instead of just the …
Best bit was Playboy!
MIX is a great conference, very relaxed and not at all Microsoft in feel - I don't think I've ever been to a Microsoft conference where in the keynote someone mentioned Playboy before! And yes, they even launched the site http://playboy.covertocover.com (50+ issues, one from each year, full text search enabled!) ... though they did leave it dark until the evening (I guess they wanted the audience to pay attention to the rest of the keynote and the sessions!)
Paris: for the articles
RE: Best bit was Playboy!
For you, the highlight of a MS tech conference was MS using silicon boobies to convince people that silverlight is anywhere near finished?
Not sure who comes out worst off from that. You, or MS.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL