IP storage software, deduplication and virtual tape library supplier FalconStor is introducing a backup accelerator for its VTL at SNW on 6 April. A VTL accelerates backup, because data streams from the host server's storage to the VTL at disk ingestion speed, instead of the slower tape ingestion speed. This reduces the backup …
Clarification sent to me
I received this by mail: "Actually, the backup accelerator option is not for VTL. It is for Falconstor's NSS and CDP solutions."
. . . and its already fairly fast
Worth 10K extra??
Depends. Its already fairly zippy . . .
Build it in for free!
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS