IP storage software, deduplication and virtual tape library supplier FalconStor is introducing a backup accelerator for its VTL at SNW on 6 April. A VTL accelerates backup, because data streams from the host server's storage to the VTL at disk ingestion speed, instead of the slower tape ingestion speed. This reduces the backup …
Clarification sent to me
I received this by mail: "Actually, the backup accelerator option is not for VTL. It is for Falconstor's NSS and CDP solutions."
. . . and its already fairly fast
Worth 10K extra??
Depends. Its already fairly zippy . . .
Build it in for free!
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones