IP storage software, deduplication and virtual tape library supplier FalconStor is introducing a backup accelerator for its VTL at SNW on 6 April. A VTL accelerates backup, because data streams from the host server's storage to the VTL at disk ingestion speed, instead of the slower tape ingestion speed. This reduces the backup …
Clarification sent to me
I received this by mail: "Actually, the backup accelerator option is not for VTL. It is for Falconstor's NSS and CDP solutions."
. . . and its already fairly fast
Worth 10K extra??
Depends. Its already fairly zippy . . .
Build it in for free!
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...