Feeds

back to article BOFH: Defiling the profile

"What do you know about social networking?" the Boss murmurs quietly one morning, as I'm putting the finishing touches on my espresso. "You mean social networking as in 'I and a group of mates would like to be able to publish our outrageous drinking activities'? Or 'The wife and I have recently separated and I'm looking to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Paris Hilton

LAWL

kthxbye

Silver badge
Happy

Friday already?

It's been a few weeks, but worth the wait!

Cheers Simon!

Happy

Ahhh the slander.....

:-) carry on

Heart

Glorious

Though I was thinking of blackmail to get some money in before moving to the public humiliation...

Still - Fine work!

great!

what can i say? great as usual!

Thumb Up

ABFAB!

The BOFH *and* the PF(not-so-anymore)Y working in unison to bring the downfall of not one but two bosses at the same time.

Brilliant.

Thanks Simon, I'll send over the invoice for a new kibo shortly.

Abso f**king lootly brilliant

Says it all

Thumb Down

hmmmm

After all our nagging there is another episode quicker than a month but am i the only one thinking its not THAT funny?

Watching Martin Johnson in Ireland - England in the past 6nations now THAT was funny... The guy is a standup comedian!

Thumb Up

Priceless

Best for a while :)

Dan
Happy

rofl

Best bofh for a while...

Thumb Up

win.

This installment of BOFH is teh win. Best I've seen in a while. Good work, keep it up.

Thumb Up

a return to form

though i definitely enjoyed most of last year's episodes, this year is turning out even better. if this is a sample of what we're going to get this year, then it'll be a fantastic year for sure.

go Simon!

Silver badge
Heart

A true return to form

first one to actually make me laugh out loud for months..much needed today,thanks Simon :D

Thumb Up

Yaaayyyy!!!

Nice work Simon.

All sorts of mind pictures created by "leek fetish"......

Thumb Up

Keyboard, coffee etc.

Very well written, worth the wait, but any chance of more BOFH?

(Written by Reg staff)

Re: hmmmm

The management would like to reassure you that your nagging is almost never taken into consideration when editorial decisions are being made.

Thumb Up

First class!

Brilliant stuff from the BOFH. Obviously missing a good "fatal user error" although maybe one will result when the Director finds out...

Well done, another solid and amusing BOFH tale :)

Heart

Hooray!

Love for Simon =)

Brilliant

That was laugh out loud funny - as in it made me actually laugh out loud, not just the "mildly amusing" which people usually mean by "laugh out loud funny".

Thanks,

and keep it up!

Thumb Up

Smooth :-)

BOFH goes Web2.0. Guess that's the modern version of installing a hacked login script into user accounts - except getting creative with Facebook is (still) legal ;-)

But i have to admit, it doesn't beat stories like getting the user to put his pot plant ontop of his computer, connect to to the neon lights and water it real good.

Or have to user move the emergency exit signs away from the door and then turn off the lights and sound the fire alarm.

Paris Hilton

Good one!

Nothing like a little cyber-sabotage to ones reputation!!

Not to mention TWO BOFH's in a month... things are indeed looking better!

Paris, because she knows all about cyber-reputations!

jan
Gates Horns

well well

social network my rear, as well as the joy of seeing the boss unemployed or even better throughly humiliated

Thumb Up

it's been a bloody long month

and I needed that. A vintage episode.

Jobs Horns

Excellent Work

Thanks Simon, excellent work yet again, cant wait to see more BOFH Carnage!!!

Now where is my bag of lime, spade and roll of old carpet, new boss and all.

Coat

Deliciously underhanded...

And truly elegant! Fantastic episode!

I think Rule #1 is don't drink coffee while reading this year's BOFH episodes.

Being an ordinary bloke from Bristol, makes me wonder if the PFY wasn't taking over established profiles too.. Would explain the tweaks on my FB profile!

Mine's the one with the PFY's little black book in the pocket.

Happy

I'm glad

.. that it's not just me that's fallen for those devious scoundrels on facebook

Thumb Up

Brillance

Thank you simon, excellent!

b
Flame

bristol

OY!

Joke

Given the scenario of this month's BOFH....

... are all the above comments from your different persona, Simon ?

Flame

Bristol

Double OY!

You should have chosen Swindon...

Linux

2 in one month!

OMG! Two episodes in less than 4 weeks? What's the world coming to??? I'm happy to see another episode... and the PHB (to steal a term from Dilbert) is getting his! Seems like the BOFH and the PFY Ride Again! Just like old times. Now, here's hoping for another episode in less than a month!

Well

plotted, scripted, and paced.

While my keyboard remains coffee-free, I did chuckle quite audibly.

Thanks, Simon, for an elegant romp.

Silver badge
Go

re:Given the scenario

I'm Simon and so's my wife, plus my brother-in law is the ex-mayor of god!

Anonymous Coward

Thanks for the How-To Guide

Just this week, our company president has become entranced by Web 2.0 and "social networking." Imagine my pleasure at finding your helpful tips this morning. I'm eagerly awaiting your user guide re Twitter.

Nice one

It's nice to see the boss doesn't have to die every time. Loved it. Humiliation is SOOOO much better than Quicklime and a tape safe.

@Nick

Nick said: That was laugh out loud funny - as in it made me actually laugh out loud, not just the "mildly amusing" which people usually mean by "laugh out loud funny".

Nick, your comment was "cackle out loud funny". As in, I read your comment, and I really did cackle. I don't know what anyone who has used that in any other context, and there's only a thousand Google results for "cackle out loud" (quoted), but whatever they mean, I probably didn't mean it.

Bronze badge

Perfect

Loved that one, grinning ear to ear

Paris Hilton

Virtually sure

There are only three real people on Facebook, and I'm not one of them.

Neither is Paris.

Alert

limey lingo

What's a slapper?

Happy

Good for you! Shoot for the impossible!

I should know better than to be eating or drinking anything during BOFH. Dammit, man!

Happy

I knew it

I fooking knew that the BOFH and the PFY would not only be able to game the web 2.0 crowd to a masterful degree, but arrange the downfall of at least one manager in the process. Absolutely brilliant Simon thank you for making my Friday.

Thumb Up

@Chris

"After all our nagging there is another episode quicker than a month but am i the only one thinking its not THAT funny?"

Yes

Thumb Up

@ Limey Lingo

According to my Anglo - American Dictionary:

Slapper (n): Similar to "Trailer Trash". One with tooooooo much make-up. As in slaps it on with a trowel.

Stop

@ Sarah

"The management would like to reassure you that your nagging is almost never taken into consideration when editorial decisions are being made. "

Now you've done it. By saying "almost", you've given the enemy the one thing you never should - Hope.

Report to the computer room for reprogamming, the cattleprod is almost charged.

Gold badge
Heart

"It's all about bait..."

"...He'll meet someone as Candice or Lord Peter and use her/him to introduce all the other personalities, finally organising a date as Jerry."

This should be taught in schools, you know. What better way to warn naive youths of the dangers of the internet than to introduce them to the PFY?

Slapper ?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slapper

Black Helicopters

@Chris

I'm no "limey" but I'll give it a shot here. Use the syntax. Clearly, a "slapper"is a woman with a "morally-casual attitude" (I love that phrase) and quite low standards when it comes to male companionship. You know...the woman who thinks "acting ladylike" is just too much bother. Often seen in minimalist attire in and around nightspots.

Thumb Up

Gaming the web 2.0 crowd...

This should be taught in schools...

Speaking of that...

RT@Ofsted: "Primary schools to teach Twitter and Wikipedia"

http://notnews.today.com/2009/03/26/rtofsted-primary-schools-to-teach-twitter-and-wikipedia/

This sounds...

...like a horribly plausible technique. Please tell me it's made up?

Thumb Up

thank you thank thank you

its been a hard stretch lately.

Simon, thanks for the first good laugh in 2 weeks

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.