Orange is reportedly in talks to add a MacBook to the range of subsidised hardware network operators are handing over these days, equipping the mobile executive for only a small monthly commitment. It wouldn't be particularly surprising to see a subsidised MacBook coming with an Orange-tied 3G dongle, and joining the plethora of …
At $35/month? Yeah, right.
PC World already offer a discount on Macs (including the MacBook and MBP), abeit not on Orange.
Old news - already there
Check ebuyer.com. They have a macbooks available on a 2 year orange contract for only £25/m. Quite unbelievable and I am on the edge of getting one myself. Cheaper than buying the laptop over 2 years and getting 600mins phone on top.
That in my experience the least reliable data dongle i've ever used with a Mac is the Orange one.... you can't have Airport turned on at the same time, it creates about 20 different connection protocols that System Prefs ask you individually if you'd like to configure (as it does with any 'new' connection) - deep joy!
If Vodafone offered it, that'd be a different story!
This isn't new. France Telecom (aka Orange) has been offering Macbooks with Internet contracts for at least the last year.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs