Orange is reportedly in talks to add a MacBook to the range of subsidised hardware network operators are handing over these days, equipping the mobile executive for only a small monthly commitment. It wouldn't be particularly surprising to see a subsidised MacBook coming with an Orange-tied 3G dongle, and joining the plethora of …
At $35/month? Yeah, right.
PC World already offer a discount on Macs (including the MacBook and MBP), abeit not on Orange.
Old news - already there
Check ebuyer.com. They have a macbooks available on a 2 year orange contract for only £25/m. Quite unbelievable and I am on the edge of getting one myself. Cheaper than buying the laptop over 2 years and getting 600mins phone on top.
That in my experience the least reliable data dongle i've ever used with a Mac is the Orange one.... you can't have Airport turned on at the same time, it creates about 20 different connection protocols that System Prefs ask you individually if you'd like to configure (as it does with any 'new' connection) - deep joy!
If Vodafone offered it, that'd be a different story!
This isn't new. France Telecom (aka Orange) has been offering Macbooks with Internet contracts for at least the last year.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search