Videogames have long been associated with the development of visual-spatial skills in youngsters. But one researcher has warned that a lack of female-friendly titles could be putting girls at a disadvantage. In a recent study conducted by Michigan State University, Linda Jackson, a Professor of Psychology at MSU, confirmed the …
There are, and always have been games aimmed at the females, but most choose not to buy them. OK most of these games are on the DS, and a bit cheap. "lets make it pink" springs to mind. So you can see why developers arent making a special effort, unless there is a hairdressing game coming out on the Wii
Games shouldnt be gender specific anyway, its up to them to find what they like, and play it!
Why is it that i know a fair few gamers who are girls, you get the same kind of diversity in girl gamers as you do guys and to be fair the % of girls to guys has grown ALOT.
So why do we need girl specific games? I mean seriously would this not be extremely sexist I know lots of girls who play COD, UT, WOW and all the other games out there.
So why the hell does a psychologist who probally doesn't know or didn't research the gaming community to any degree have to come out with a comment thats both retarded and not thought out?
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...
- Vid Mysterious BEAM outside London Googleplex ZAPPED