Feeds

back to article A Geeks Guide2 ...iPhone Development

Geeks Guide 2 from Register Books Geeks Guide2 With more than 25,000 apps available and over 800 million downloads, the iPhone’s App Store has become a battlefield for programmers. aS well as providing a playground for challenge-seeking developers, it offers an avenue to make money for small scale projects. This week's GG2 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
jai
Silver badge

can recommend this

i've not done any Objective-C before, and though this book recommends that you should be a bit familiar with the language, i decided to dive right in and pick it up as i went along. and so far, it's going well. the book provides a nice learning curve and is quick to point out the differences between OS X coding and iPhone coding alongside the similarities. The writing style is very relaxed and easy to read - it reads more like being in a lecture than reading the textbook, if that makes sense?

Me too

Completely agree with jai above, the book is easy to read and does read more like a lecture than a textbook. Easy to follow and good examples mean that although I haven't used Objective-C before it's not proving too steep a learning curve. Quite enjoyable actually.

Thumb Up

Me too too

Another agreement with jai, I have a copy of the book and find it very well written and easy to follow. If you want to try writing applications for the IPhone, I'd recommend this book.

Jobs Halo

Not that easy

It starts easy. But the need for previous objective-c knowledge is true. So I bought a book on objective-c 2.0 and will eat it before this one :)

Which Object c book

Which Objective-c book did you get, All my previous programming is in Basic (yes I still use it), and a little javascript and PHP, how is it going?

This topic is closed for new posts.