Next month should see the first steps from the Canonical camp that will let you run an Amazon-style cloud behind the firewall on Ubuntu. The Jaunty Jackalope edition of Ubuntu, version 9.04, due in April, will let you take existing Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) from Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and run them on your own …
Best news i've heard all year about cloud computing, i will be installing a machine with this as soon as it comes out.
Ubuntu people, what ever happened to getting Lotus Notes 8.5 by "mid 2008"? Or adding Lotus Symphony to the repos? Or am I to blame IBM for this?
The addition of Amazon's Cloud is nice and all, but finish up the little things that will allow more people to move over to your product.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip