If you had to be one software vendor staring down the economic meltdown, then you would probably want to be Red Hat. If someone else had already chosen to be Oracle. And maybe you'd rather be Red Hat anyway, because size isn't everything. After Wall Street closed today, Red Hat reported its financials for the fourth quarter and …
Oracle Eating Redhat?
Good grief no. I mean I don't like Redhat based distros at all, just cannot stand the whole RPM ecosystem compared to Debian flavoured distros. But nevertheless I don't want to see them destroyed. Mark my words, destroyed they would be if Oracle were to eat them. I have no doubt it would be the end of Redhat, even if Mad Larry doesn't just buy them to close them down. There is no way Larry Ellison could ever run a FOSS outfit without alienating their customer base AND developer community. It just aint gonna happen.
They'd have more chance being swallowed up by Ballmer and his band of merry marauders.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?