Feeds

back to article Samsung B2700 Bound rugged mobile phone

Anyone who's ever splashed a few drops of water on just the wrong bit of their pricey new phone can see the advantage of rugged design. It's rarely pretty, it's never svelte, but you don't need to venture into a war zone to appreciate the benefit of a more secure approach to portable electronics. Samsung B2700 Bound Samsung's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

But can you

Connect it to your PC to upload contacts. I have a Samsung Solid and rather disappointed to find out it couldn't talk to my PC for contacts (let alone as a modem). As I only use the solid occasionally when I working/plaing in "extreme environments" that is a bit of an omission for me (I just put my main contacts on the sim though) . Mind you I now have a jesus phone in an otterbox case and it survived a 6ft drop onto a concrete barn floor last weekend.

Stop

wtf?

Where's the innovation? A rubber grip does not give you balls, contrary to popular belief. This is just polishing a dessicated turd.....solar/hand crank charging? barometer/depth gauge/thermometer anyone? they could have made this a real all in one navigation device for about a tenner more of electronics.....

Flame

A complete waste of money.

Since the phone is not sold as dust or water resistant if it breaks because of either you have to buy a new phone -- so you may as well buy any other and keep it safe.

Bronze badge
Thumb Up

I like it

Its a basic phone that will last.

And I like the sexy name.

Will Jennifer Tilley get one?

Thumb Down

Re: A complete waste of money.

Got to agree.

For a fleeting moment, this could have been a contender to replace the rather beaten up old PAYG Nokia 6230 that I take with me when I go cycling - its been dropped, ridden over and, after a particularly memorable spill, broke a couple of my ribs when I landed on it but it's still going strong despite a huge chunk gouged out of one corner and a bloody great crack in the screen.

A rubber grip does not a rugged phone make, and most of the 'additional features' are complete bobbins anyway.

This topic is closed for new posts.