The six gig SAS bandwagon is gathering pace, with Hitachi GST announcing a 6Gbit/s small form factor (SFF) enterprise drive and Atto announcing six gig SAS host adapters. Originally the Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interconnect ran at 3Gbit/s, but a second generation of the standard doubled its speed to 6Gbit/s, making it better …
"Seagate and AMD demonstrated a 6Gbit/s SAS drive-host link earlier this month."
When you click on the link inherent in "demonstrated", you get an article about Seagate and AMD demonstrating 6Gbit/s *SATA* links, just as I remembered from when I read it the first time.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes