The six gig SAS bandwagon is gathering pace, with Hitachi GST announcing a 6Gbit/s small form factor (SFF) enterprise drive and Atto announcing six gig SAS host adapters. Originally the Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interconnect ran at 3Gbit/s, but a second generation of the standard doubled its speed to 6Gbit/s, making it better …
"Seagate and AMD demonstrated a 6Gbit/s SAS drive-host link earlier this month."
When you click on the link inherent in "demonstrated", you get an article about Seagate and AMD demonstrating 6Gbit/s *SATA* links, just as I remembered from when I read it the first time.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers