The growing trade in rogue security software is being driven by the gaming of search engines to direct surfers to sites peddling scareware. Scareware affiliate networks are using black-hat search engine optimisation techniques to drive traffic volumes. To promote their wares, these well-organised cybercrooks are compromising …
a pox on you
I can laugh about it now, but once many years ago I emailed Google when I found a time-wasting website which wasn't what it purported to be, expecting them to remove it or something.
Google searches return blatantly malicious hits: crime pays for Google. Just think how few computer infections there'd be without search engines!
How hard could it be for Google to police their anti-virus search results so that poor users aren't suckered by all the lookalike scams?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base