The growing trade in rogue security software is being driven by the gaming of search engines to direct surfers to sites peddling scareware. Scareware affiliate networks are using black-hat search engine optimisation techniques to drive traffic volumes. To promote their wares, these well-organised cybercrooks are compromising …
a pox on you
I can laugh about it now, but once many years ago I emailed Google when I found a time-wasting website which wasn't what it purported to be, expecting them to remove it or something.
Google searches return blatantly malicious hits: crime pays for Google. Just think how few computer infections there'd be without search engines!
How hard could it be for Google to police their anti-virus search results so that poor users aren't suckered by all the lookalike scams?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests