The growing trade in rogue security software is being driven by the gaming of search engines to direct surfers to sites peddling scareware. Scareware affiliate networks are using black-hat search engine optimisation techniques to drive traffic volumes. To promote their wares, these well-organised cybercrooks are compromising …
a pox on you
I can laugh about it now, but once many years ago I emailed Google when I found a time-wasting website which wasn't what it purported to be, expecting them to remove it or something.
Google searches return blatantly malicious hits: crime pays for Google. Just think how few computer infections there'd be without search engines!
How hard could it be for Google to police their anti-virus search results so that poor users aren't suckered by all the lookalike scams?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders