The growing trade in rogue security software is being driven by the gaming of search engines to direct surfers to sites peddling scareware. Scareware affiliate networks are using black-hat search engine optimisation techniques to drive traffic volumes. To promote their wares, these well-organised cybercrooks are compromising …
a pox on you
I can laugh about it now, but once many years ago I emailed Google when I found a time-wasting website which wasn't what it purported to be, expecting them to remove it or something.
Google searches return blatantly malicious hits: crime pays for Google. Just think how few computer infections there'd be without search engines!
How hard could it be for Google to police their anti-virus search results so that poor users aren't suckered by all the lookalike scams?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone reveals humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.