Roll up, roll up to the The Register’s third annual Good, Bad and Ugly IT Vendor survey. In previous years, we have garnered many thousands responses. We'll compare this year's views with past surveys to measure how things are changing. But we need your input. So, if you want to praise good performance or castigate failure, …
It is good that IT is an industry dedicated to doing things faster, better and cheaper. The bad and ugly are present but we can work around them. If you look hard, you can always find someone selling what you need instead of what the bad guys want you to buy. By making the right choices, we can cut our cost of operation by a factor of two or three and increase the useful lifetime of equipment and software. The bad and the ugly can only stay in business if we let them push us around.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?