Analog chipmaker National Semiconductor took another step towards repositioning itself a green-technology heavyweight when it announced Friday that it had acquired Act Solar, a Santa Clara, California company specializing in power optimization of solar-cell arrays. By doing so, Nat Semi muscled up its SolarMagic solar-power …
PV = Good
Lead acid storage = Bad.
It only really works if the panels are connected to the grid on an in / out reciprocal arrangement. If not, then the green plus is lost to the green negative of disposal of lead and acid.
Just my tupp'orth
There are a lot of "financial" companies flogging P-V investment opportunities in France at the moment due to EDF being forced by gouv.fr to buy 15%(?) of their electricity from renewables.
Not only does this seem pretty dumb in a country where 85% of generating capacity is nuclear and a further 10% hydo, but the figures being bandied about as to the annual generating capacity of a fixed sourth facing panel inclined at ~25 deg are frankly absurd.
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!
- CIA snoops snooped on Senate to spy spy torture report – report