Analog chipmaker National Semiconductor took another step towards repositioning itself a green-technology heavyweight when it announced Friday that it had acquired Act Solar, a Santa Clara, California company specializing in power optimization of solar-cell arrays. By doing so, Nat Semi muscled up its SolarMagic solar-power …
PV = Good
Lead acid storage = Bad.
It only really works if the panels are connected to the grid on an in / out reciprocal arrangement. If not, then the green plus is lost to the green negative of disposal of lead and acid.
Just my tupp'orth
There are a lot of "financial" companies flogging P-V investment opportunities in France at the moment due to EDF being forced by gouv.fr to buy 15%(?) of their electricity from renewables.
Not only does this seem pretty dumb in a country where 85% of generating capacity is nuclear and a further 10% hydo, but the figures being bandied about as to the annual generating capacity of a fixed sourth facing panel inclined at ~25 deg are frankly absurd.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes