back to article Fujitsu moves colour e-reader to pre-order stage

Move over Amazon, Fujitsu has begun taking pre-orders for what’s thought to be the world’s first e-book reader with a colour screen. Fujitsu_Flepia_01 Fujitsu's Flepia: for e-reading in colour Called Flepia, the device's screen has a 768 x 1024 resolution and is 2in larger than the 6in display found on Amazon’s recently …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Paris Hilton

Great first attempt at color for a reader

I'm looking forward to seeing this in the stores. Owning a Sony Reader and an IPhone using Kindle as I do makes me a target customer of this kind of a device but at over $1000 though it just won't cut it to get color, even with those features. The cheaper alternative now for color is a Eee or Acer Aspire one netbook. Get that for about $300 and you can read 1/2million old books via google and newer ones via various book outlets on the net. The game will change when those guys make a similar device, that can also run Windows or OSX (hint hint Apple) at the price point that they can make the net books.

Thumb Up

How does it make the colour?

I can see how the mono displays work - they flip the half black, half white micro beads.

does this mean that there are three (or four) beads in a 'cell'? red, yellow, blue (black or green?)

Very clever, tgho'

What type of screen?

So is this digital paper still or is it more of a standard LCD affair?

It's how much

At £750 You would be much better off buying a cheap laptop cant see them selling very many.FAIL..........

Paris Hilton

The battery life is what makes it (and other eInk) products

worth the money. Compare it with netbooks/laptops all you like, it won't make one whit of a difference: all it will do is make you look like a silly ass. Try a 40-hour-battery-life device sometime and then take up your netbook - I guarantee that you will be chucking latter boat anchor against the wall 2 hours later when its battery dies. PH 'cause even she could figure this out.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums