Feeds

back to article Rogue Aus sysadmin jailed over hacking spree

A disgruntled contractor who hacked into government systems and deleted thousands of records in Australia's Northern Territories has been jailed for three years and four months. David Anthony McIntosh, 28, locked users out of IT systems at the Northern Territories' Health Department, Royal Darwin Hospital, Berrimah Prison and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Northern Territories?

Its actually the 'Northern Territory', as in one territory, not multiple. Google it.

He plans to quit his career in IT...

Like he's got a choice now

Joke

This is what happens...

...when you allow a M(a)cIntosh to take over your network!

....Mine's the one declaring my PC allegience...

Anonymous Coward

A chef?!

I wouldn't like to think what damage a chef could do in taking drunken revenge.

Joke

Rogue Aussie Chef jailed over baking wee

A disgruntled chef who baked government cakes and weed over thousands of biscuits in Australia's Northern Territories has been jailed for three years and four months.

David Wibblet Frooble, 28, locked users out of the Kitchen at the Northern Territories' Health Department, Royal Darwin Hospital, Berrimah Prison and Supreme Court last May, a month after resigning his job. The former employee weed over the biscuits and cakes of more than 10,000 public servants, causing hundreds of thousands of dollars of damage in the process.

etc.

Anonymous Coward

Lucky he didn't do that in the US

Otherwise it would have been 10 trillion worth of damage and the gas chamber/electric chair/lethal injection/firing squad/hanging (plus many lawyers earning trillions off the case)....

Flame

Eh?

Eligible for parole in 2 months? What bloody good does that do, then?

"Hacker"

So, the "hacker" basically used a login credential he stole from another employee to gain access to the system.

Errmm... where was the instance of "hacking" there? Doesn't "hacking" involve some more sophistication? Unless ofcourse he used "social enginnering" to trick the person he stole the credentials from.

But really, doesn't seem to take much effort to do what he did, unless it was thrown in just to add weight to his crime/punishment.

This topic is closed for new posts.