VIA continues to pitch its C7-M processor at netbook makers, despite evidence they favour its Nano chip, and has launched a new reference design in the hope they'll opt for the older chip. Dubbed the Surfboard C855, the design comprises a small motherboard fitted with a 1.66GHz C7-M on an 800MHz bus and connected to VIA's VX855 …
C7 vs. Nano
Yes, a slightly odd choice, but on the other hand the Nano is a drop-in replacement for the C7, so the design will be a piece of cake to update as necessary. Just a shame the CPU's not socketed, then we could do it ourselves.
That is all
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene