VIA continues to pitch its C7-M processor at netbook makers, despite evidence they favour its Nano chip, and has launched a new reference design in the hope they'll opt for the older chip. Dubbed the Surfboard C855, the design comprises a small motherboard fitted with a 1.66GHz C7-M on an 800MHz bus and connected to VIA's VX855 …
C7 vs. Nano
Yes, a slightly odd choice, but on the other hand the Nano is a drop-in replacement for the C7, so the design will be a piece of cake to update as necessary. Just a shame the CPU's not socketed, then we could do it ourselves.
That is all
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9